Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

First Wasp Sting of the Season...plus a dying bird

Lamp shade I made of approx 420 cable ties (aka zap straps)
"I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink. I'm so-o-o ti-i-ired my mind is on the blink"

Quick someone get me some cheese!

Just writing for writing's sake. Vulnerable today: bad weather, headache and nursing my first wasp sting of the season. Hurray for everything!

I think it's a case of a post-upward trend after so long in melancholia that a return to the disconsolate stuff feels logarithmically worse. Did I mention I loved math??

Walking a neighbour's dog who is temporarily out of commission - er the neighbour, not the dog - and the dog mangled a wee baby towhee. It was gasping for breath, all of its interiors now exteriors and I couldn't bring myself to put it out of its misery. I felt very cowardly. And a friend told me a profound story about the importance of struggle for our growth and I cried and cried.

So all in all an abstruse kind of morning. (I was just reading a blurb that encouraged writers to use more synonyms for depressed - sign me up!).

So not much going on, preparing to drive east for visiting family and traveling to the Netherlands thrown in, this will be nice. I am only leery about being away from home for so long. I expect we shall be grateful upon our return for what we have together.

I look forward to feeling more gracious.

1 comment:

  1. Pass the cheese, will ya??? I could use a big chunk of it right about now. LOVE the lamp - it reminds me of one of those cha-cha mini-dresses from the 60s. And please, do, give me a ding when you're "back east." Love to have a coffee and chat!

    ReplyDelete